1. Your restaurant/business:
Black Star Pastry.
2. Describe your kitchen:
I work in a small pastry kitchen tucked away in Newtown, some have described it as a hobbit hole but I'd prefer to call it cosy.
3. Favourite Chef Works item and why:
Springfield zipper chef jacket as they are very comfortable.
4. First Job:
Apprentice at Stamford Hotel North Ryde.
5. Your cookbook:
Korean notebook written in my handwriting only decipherable by me.
6. Your awards/achievements:
Winner of best overall apprentice at Ryde TAFE 1999.
7. Your cooking inspiration:
Usually I'm inspired by seasonal ingredients and forms in nature or architecture.
8. Your speciality dish:
Handcrafted mini Pavlova filled with saffron custard & topped with blood orange.
9. Favourite dish to eat:
Ramen from Gumshara in Chinatown.
10. Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten:
11. Favourite ice cream flavour:
Coconut sorbet for its flavour and also because of its silky texture and mouthfeel.
12. Favourite drink:
Archie Rose gin martini from Archie Rose distillery in Rosebery, our next door neighbours.
13. Favourite wine:
Riesling from Mosel region in Germany.
14. Who would you most like to cook for:
My family as they really appreciate the rare times when I actually cook at home.
15. Who would you least like to cook for:
People who don't appreciate quality food.
16. Favourite things to do outside of the kitchen:
Being outdoors such as hitting the beach, bushwalks and playing Ingress
17. Your latest project:
Developing a wedding cake based on espresso martini.
18. Favourite city and why:
Sydney. Best place to be!
19. Your greatest indulgence:
Mary's (in Newtown) fried chicken dunked in their mash potato & gravy.
20. Your all-time best culinary tip:
Clean up after yourself at all times. Your clothes, work bench and floors should be spotless.