Multiple award winning Chef Troy Rhoades-Brown from Muse Restaurant and Muse Kitchen has given us the opportunity to know what inspires the man who successfully heads two of Hunter Valley's most popular restaurants.
1. About your kitchens:
Hard working, passionate young team of inspired chefs dedicated to serving quality regional food that represents us and the seasons.
2. Your favourite Chef Works item:
Indigo Blue Detroit Long-Sleeve Denim Shirt, it's light, comfortable, practical and unique.
3. First job:
Traditional Italian Restaurant- Pasquale's.
4. Your favourite cookbook:
French Laundry and Pier.
5. Your awards:
- Muse Restaurant, Sydney Morning Herald 2011,12,13,14 Good Food Guide One Chef Hat.
- Muse Kitchen, Sydney Morning Herald 2013,14 Good Food Guide One Chef Hat.
- Restaurant and Catering Awards for Excellence
- Muse Restaurant – 2010, 2012 NSW Regional Restaurant of the Year
- Contemporary Australian Restaurant, Formal – Hunter/Central Coast 2010,11,12,13
- Muse Kitchen – Best Restaurant in a Winery National Finalist 2013
- Gourmet Traveller Top Ten Regional NSW Restaurants 2009,10,11,13
6. Your cooking inspiration:
Running a progressive kitchen that is focused on being better every day. Surrounding myself with like-minded passionate people that are inspired by quality seasonal ingredients, technique and simplicity.
7. Your speciality dish:
The menu is forever changing, though some fantastic produce is always on the menu. Milly Hill Lamb, Mandagery Creek Venison, Binnorie Goats Cheese, Coppersfolly Wasabi and local leaves, shoots, herbs, flowers, olive oil and eggs.
8. Favourite dish to eat:
Chefs definitely crave simplicity when it comes to satisfying themselves, for me it’s hard to go past good quality bread, butter, roast chicken and veg.
9. Wierdest thing you have ever eaten:
Tuna cheek tartare, roasted goats head with gribiche.
10. Favourite ice cream flavor:
Malt, honey or banana bread.
11. Favourite drink:
Gin and tonic, cold climate new world style chardonnay, kombucha.
12. Favourite wine:
Tinkler’s Poppys Chardonnay at the moment.
13. Who would you most like to cook for:
All of my father’s family in England.
14. Who would you least like to cook for:
The very small percentage of guests that dine to judge rather than enjoy.
15. Favourite things to do when not cooking:
Family time, gym, golf, gardening and eating.
16. Your latest project:
17. Favourite city and why:
Melbourne, Australia. Their food focus is unrivalled in Australia.
18. Your greatest indulgence:
Butter, double cream and cheese.
19. Your all time best culinary tip:
Leave a comment